We are committed to being fully focused on providing high-quality, compassionate care during this unprecedented time, and our team’s number one goal is the health and safety of our patients, physicians and staff.
There are no major updates at this time. However, as public health guidelines continue to change, our practice is adapting quickly and will post updates on our website as soon as possible – www.hillmedical.com. Sometimes it is necessary for our schedulers and sites to modify our operations and safeguarding measures before updates are posted online.
A message from the American College of Radiology: ACR Patient_infographic_reopening
COVID-19 Phone Line: Our hospital partner, Huntington Hospital, has a COVID-19 phone line – (626) 397-3777.
We are fully focused on the safety and health of our patients, physicians, and staff. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking extra steps to safeguard our imaging centers:
- Extra Cleaning Measures: We have hired extra staff to ensure high traffic areas like the waiting room and registration are cleaned hourly, and we continue to adhere to the California Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control’s infection-prevention and safety standards.
- Supporting Social Distancing: We have added signage at registration to ensure proper social distancing and have relocated waiting room chairs to allow for proper space between those waiting in the lobby.
- Car vs. Waiting Room: Patients may also request to wait in their car, and we will text you when it is time to come in for your exam.
- Added Sanitizer Stations: Hand sanitizer is available at registration and throughout our centers.
- Restricted Visitor Policy: For everyone’s health and safety, patients must limit the number of visitors they bring to their appointment(s) to one person. Visitors must not exhibit any signs or symptoms of illness.
- Masks: All patients, employees, and guests are required to wear a mask. Those without a mask will be provided one at our registration desk. Patients refusing a mask will not be able to be seen.
- Health Screenings: During this time all patients will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions during the scheduling of their appointment and upon arrival at our centers. Based on the results, patients may be referred to the hospital or their healthcare provider for guidance on where to attain appropriate imaging services.
Every person who enters our centers must have a health screening, including employees, doctors, patients and visitors. Anyone with the following cannot be seen at our sites if they have any of the following:
- Fever – Patients’ temperatures will be taken on site.
- Cough with Fever
- Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea and/or Vomiting with a Fever
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Shortness of Breath with a Fever
- COVID-19 positive test in the past 10 days or exposure to a COVID-19 positive person within the past 14 days.
Rescheduling Appointments: Patients needing to reschedule an appointment should call:
- Huntington-Hill Imaging Centers – (626) 698-7266
- Jim and Eleanor Randall Breast Center – (626) 698-7210
Like all healthcare practices, we are working hard to ensure patients can schedule and be seen for appointments in a timely manner. However, with the added COVID-19 screening questions, extra precautions being taken, and dynamics of staffing during COVID-19, our hold times in scheduling and wait times at appointments may be increased. We apologize in advance for additional any added delays you may experience. For urgent assistance, patients can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and physician office staff are encouraged to contact their Hill Imaging/HHIC physician liaison.
We are pleased to have reopened all our imaging and breast centers for all modalities including screening studies (mammography, DXA, heart and lung screenings, etc.).
- Scheduling and billing offices are open Monday-Friday only.
- No walk-in appointments are accepted for any procedure.
- STAT/Urgent cases should call centers before sending patients; every patient must be pre-screened.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a massive delay in patients getting their screening mammograms, among other early detection and preventative exams. The fear of going out to doctors appointments and screening exams has delayed care for patients. Sadly, cancer and other diseases have not stopped because COVID-19 is here.
Delayed mammograms have resulted in delayed diagnoses, which have resulted in delayed treatments, which have resulted in later staged (and less treatable) cancers. Later staged cancers are harder and more expensive to treat. Additionally, patients have more treatment options when a cancer is found earlier, at a stage 0, 1 or 2.
So don’t delay! Schedule your annual screening mammogram TODAY! We have open appointments for screening mammogram, and we anticipate very full schedules after COVID-19 numbers improve.
Huntington-Hill Imaging & Breast Centers – (626) 698-7266
Jim & Eleanor Randall Breast Center – (626) 698-7210
We occasionally read imaging studies (typically by CT) that are suspicious for COVID based on imaging features. Because we pre-screen all outpatients at the imaging centers for COVID symptoms/history, these cases are clinically unsuspected and therefore treated as a critical value. If the radiologist is unable to reach the referring doctor within one hour, the radiologist will attempt to contact the patient directly.