Guided by our mission to provide the highest quality care, The Hill Medical Corporation is taking extra steps to safeguard our patients and employees during the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Status Update: 3/29/20
Given the rapidly evolving Coronavirus situation, we have modified our operations to further consolidate our imaging centers thereby maximizing our staffing and valuable resources (masks, disinfecting supplies, etc.) for the time being. Please see critical updates below.
Additionally, as public health guidelines are changing daily, sometimes hourly, our practice is adapting quickly and will post updates on our website as soon as possible – www.hillmedical.com. However, our schedulers and sites may be instructed to modify our operations and safeguarding measures before updates are posted online. Please know while we are committed to being fully focused on providing high-quality, compassionate care during this unprecedented time, our team’s number one goal is the health and safety of our patients, physicians and staff
You may print a PDF of this update here: COVID-19 Status Updates for Web Site 3.29.20
Modified Site Operations:
Given the rapidly evolving Coronavirus situation, we have modified our operations to consolidate our imaging centers to maximize our staffing and valuable resources (masks, disinfecting supplies, etc.) for the time being. Please note, our operations could be modified again as the situation evolves.
- We are only seeing patients at the following locations during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Imaging centers noted above and scheduling and billing offices are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. only. No weekend or evening hours will be available at any of our locations during this time.
- No screening mammography or DEXA/bone density appointments through the “Stay at Home” Mandate (currently through April 19).
- No walk-in appointments are accepted for any procedure.
- STAT/Urgent cases should call centers before sending patients to our sites. Every patient must be pre-screened.
Safe Guarding Measures:
We are committed to the safety and health of our patients, physicians, and staff and are taking extra steps to safeguard our imaging sites during COVID-19:
- Health Screenings: During this time all patients will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions during the scheduling of their appointment and upon arrival at our centers. Based on the results, patients may be referred to the hospital or their healthcare provider for guidance on where to attain appropriate imaging services. NEW – every patient, and any person who accompanies them to their exam, will have their temperature taken on site. If either a patient or their visitor has a temperature, their services will be rescheduled.
- Patients cannot be seen at our sites if they have any of the following:
- Fever – Patients’ temperatures will be taken on site.
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Shortness of Breath with a Fever
- Abdominal Pain with a Fever
- Traveled to a High-risk, Level-3 Country in the Last 14 Days (even if they have no symptoms)
- Exposure to Individuals with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 (even if they have no symptoms)
- Masks and Sanitizers: Regardless of the type of virus or illness, anyone who is unwell or at risk or vulnerable is always encouraged to request a mask at check-in. Masks and hand sanitizer are available at registration.
- Cleanliness: In addition to adhering to the California Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control’s infection-prevention and safety standards, additional time is being allocated between patients to allow the technologists to clean the exam rooms and high traffic areas more frequently.
- Supporting Social Distancing: Waiting room chairs will be relocated to allow a greater distance.
- Restricted Visitor Policy: For everyone’s health and safety, patients must limit the number of visitors they bring to their appointment(s) to one person. Visitors must not exhibit any signs or symptoms of illness.
- Rescheduling Appointments: Patients needing to reschedule an appointment can call:
- Huntington-Hill Imaging Centers – (626) 698-7266
- Jim and Eleanor Randall Breast Center – (626) 698-7210
- COVID-19 Phone Line: Our hospital partner, Huntington Hospital, has a COVID-19 phone line – (626) 397-3777.