Beginning October 1, 2015, reimbursement for claims submitted will only be received if coded in ICD-10 diagnostic codes.
When submitting exam orders, please note the following to ensure accurate processing:
- Laterality (if applicable include left, right, or bilateral)
- The etiology or the cause of condition
- Severity (i.e. chronic, acute, traumatic, or non-traumatic)
- Signs and Symptoms (i.e. mild, moderate, severe, profound)
If “pain” is the symptom, specify the type or location of pain (i.e. for chest pain – intercostal, precordial, pain on breathing, etc.)
All accidental and injury diagnosis must include whether the injury is A, D, or S:
- A – Initial encounter (i.e. broken bone)
- D- Subsequent encounter (i.e. follow up to check healing process after casting)
S – Sequela (i.e. imaging for an old injury)
If you’re unclear or need assistance with coding, please contact us on the ICD-10 Helpline at: 626-203-4876.